When Liberty Hill began in 1976, it was a daring new foundation that turned philanthropy on its head. Today it is a national leader in social justice. Organizing and advocacy powered by Liberty Hill has changed national policies, launched social change movements, transformed neighborhoods, and nurtured hundreds of community leaders who respond to the experience of injustice by fighting for their rights.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving (DOI) The Data Manager is responsible for supervising and maintaining the foundation's various constituent relationship management (CRM) systems, including primary databases Raiser's Edge (RE) and EveryAction (EA), and coordination with other Blackbaud and Fusion Labs software (Financial Edge and GrantedGE). Responsibilities include database administration, maintenance, analysis, reporting and general data management for the Foundation. The Data Manager ensures integrity of the database; preparation and management reports; exporting information for email communications and mailings; building out modules and being the expert in all components of Raiser's Edge and Every Action. Additionally, the data manager reviews gift/transaction entry to ensure consistency and accuracy of reporting.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assesses current database functionality and makes recommendations to enhance effectiveness
- Researches and plans for upgrades and overall sustainability of data management systems
- Assures that all data complies with legal regulations
- Ensures information is secure, backed-up
- Monitors data, transaction, and gift entry procedures
- Creates and manages all dashboards for analysis, tracking metrics, fundraising and financial reporting
- Leads creative solutions in collaboration with IT vendor to troubleshoot problems with the database and stays current with updates to the system
- Troubleshoots RE and EA, and provides support to end users
- Identifies system integration capabilities and manages the implementation process of those system changes
- Routinely reviews and updates data records to ensure data accuracy and integrity (RE and EA)
- Generates event registration reports for Advancement staff as needed
- Works with Finance Department in balancing gift accounts and monthly reconciliation
- Builds and runs unique queries, exports, analysis reports, appeal lists and electronic or postal mailing lists in RE fulfilling criteria and deadline requests
- Creates and manages lists in EA for e-communications
- Extracts data and develops the necessary in-house coding for Advancement's fundraising database to create accurate reporting and tracking measures
- Develops MS Excel spreadsheet tools to manipulate data where RE tools are insufficient
- Develops and prepares standard weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly fundraising and management reports as requested by the Director of Individual Giving (DOI), in collaboration with the Finance Department
- Works with the DOI to develop tracking and measurement reports that will analyze and evaluate data and allow foundation staff to monitor and measure performance against targets and key financial and operational objectives
- Utilizes specialized modules in RE to ensure proper recording of data, such as the RE Event Module, Proposal Tab, etc.
- Develops, maintains and updates information on new and existing donor prospects
- Keeps an eye on donor giving in order to report trends and/or research to solicitors on a regular basis
- Supports and trains Foundation staff on basic data entry, data management and other database issues/processes
- Creates pledge invoices and processes documentation
- Assists with managing data for donor advised program and giving circles
- Serves as back-up to the Advancement Associate as needed
- Provides excellent customer service in a timely manner, according to established standards
- Engages in special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Information Systems or related field of study (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- 3-5 years' experience in Raiser's Edge management, preferably as an administrator in a non-profit fundraising environment.
- 2-4 years of experience designing, developing, and producing reports from a database application
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Systems and methods used to store, organize and retrieve data.
- Advanced working knowledge of Raisers Edge, Blackbaud software, Every Action (preferred), and connected tools.
- Current relevant technology and computer software applications.
- Strong organizational, administration, interpersonal communication skills, and "big picture" oriented.
- Strong ability and commitment to accuracy and database integrity.
- Ability to manage confidential information, multiple priorities and competing deadlines plus maintain an attention to detail.
- Relevant mission related work.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising and donor relations processes.
- Manual dexterity for operating a computer keyboard, printer, facsimile machine, photocopier, calculator and/or ten-key adding machine.
- Ability to sit at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time within an office environment.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Liberty Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having the rich diversity of our community reflected in our workforce.
Liberty Hill promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don't discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.